|Regulations||Minimum of 3 matches|
|Team Size||Minimum 4 Maximum 5|
|Uniform||Numbered matching shirts|
Games PointsGames Points for Sport & Divisional Championships
Basketball 3s - BKT
Events & Age Categories
Captains must report to Venue Control at least 10 minutes before start of pool and 10 minutes before start of elimination matches to validate team members. Referees will check each player’s ID Pass court side before each match.
Practice is subject to court availability. Warm up is limited to 5 minutes prior to match start. No dunking allowed.
Uniform & Equipment
Teams must wear numbered matching vests. In the event of a colour clash, the second named team shall change. Match balls are supplied. Practice balls are not.
See schedule for matches. Pool play followed by elimination tournament. See For Athletes Eyes Only for pool play and elimination scoring system.
FIBA 3v3 playing rules modified for Corporate Games apply.
- Games are played on half court into one basket
- Both teams shall warm-up simultaneously prior to game
- A coin flip shall determine which team gets the first possession.
- The regular playing time shall be as follows: one period of 10 minutes playing time
- However, the first team which scores 21 points or more wins the game if it happens before the end of regular playing time.
- If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra period of time will be played. There shall be an interval of 1 minute before the over time starts. The first team to score 2 points in the overtime wins the game. The team that lost the coin flip to start the game will get first possession of the ball.
- A team is in a penalty situation after it has committed 6 fouls. Players are not excluded based on the number of personal fouls.
- Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, whilst fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded 2 free throws.
- Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded 1 additional free throw.
- Team fouls 7, 8, and 9 shall always be awarded 2 free throws. The 10th and any subsequent team foul will be awarded with 2 free throws and ball possession. This clause is applied also to fouls during the act of shooting and overrules the previously listed rules for free throws given during the act of shooting.
- All technical fouls will always be awarded with 1 free throw and ball possession.
- Following each successful field goal or last free throw (except those followed by ball possession):
• A player from a non-scoring team will resume the game by dribbling or passing the ball from inside the court directly underneath the basket to a place on the court behind the arc.
• The defensive team is not allowed to play for the ball after the made basket.
- Following each unsuccessful field goal or last free throw (except those followed by ball possession):
• If the offensive team rebounds the ball, it may continue to attempt to score without returning the ball behind the arc.
• If the defensive team rebounds the ball, it must return the ball behind the arc (by passing or dribbling).
- If the defensive team steals or bocks the ball, it must return the ball behind the arc (by passing or dribbling).
- Possession of the ball given to either team following any dead ball situation shall start with a check-ball, i.e. an exchange of the ball between the defensive and the offensive player behind the arc at the top of the court.
- In the event of a jump ball situation, the defensive team shall be rewarded the ball.
- Substitutions can be done by any team when the ball becomes dead, prior to the check-ball or free throw.
- Each team is granted one time-out. Any player can call the time-out in a dead ball situation. All time-outs have a length of 30 seconds.
Every made shot inside the arc shall be awarded one point
Every made shot behind the arc shall be awarded two points
Every successful free throw shall be awarded one point
Players must sign and return a completed Match Card immediately after the match.